- me: wow i have so much work to do
- me: *goes on tumblr*
- me: *watches a movie*
- me: *reads a novel*
- me: *takes a nap*
- me: *climbs a mountain*
- me: *backpacks through europe*
- me: why am i not getting anything done
am i the only one who hates the casting choice for Idina Menzel as Elsa?
Her voice does not suit the character at all and her singing voice sounds autotuned when I know it isn’t and that bothers me so much
I think my biggest problem was that Idina sounded a bit too old or Elsa looked a bit too young.
Definitely wish I saw it in theaters and I most likely will. Here are some of the things I absolutely adored about this movie. This isn’t a spoiler free post. Are there still spoilers? I feel like everyone knows what’s going on.
- The ice details. For example, in the beginning when Elsa froze the fountains the water became jagged and dark. Where as when she was happy the ice was lighter and softer.
- The scenery. My favorite scene was when Kristoff and Anna are in the snow forest. It’s where they first meet Olaf.
- All of Sven’s expressions. Those were great.
- The songs were magical. I wanted to sing along to every one of them.
- The relationship between Kristoff and Anna. If anything Anna is like the love child of Rapunzel and Eugene. Okay that sounds really weird because to be honest, all I could think of was Rapunzel and Eugene’s relationship. There were a few parallels here and there as far as actions go. Anna being independent and not needing to depend on Kristoff for everything. Them finally realizing their feelings…etc But I guess that’s pretty standard for Disney movies now.
- I absolutely adored Olaf and he certainly took the news of melting very well!
- OH THE ANNA IS SAVED IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT. GOOD JOB DISNEY ON THAT ONE. GOLD STAR FOR YOU. There is no sarcasm in this section. You don’t understand how glad I was to see that it was her sister who saved her and no Kristoff. I mean I had no problem with either scenario but I’m glad Disney went with the sister love thing.
Now for the things I didn’t like about the movie:
- ha, nothing.
- i seriously tried to come up with something.
- maybe how elsa seems to have like complete control over her powers now when she leaves? I mean she builds an ice castle in one song???????
- maybe it’s like green lantern’s power, she imagines whatever she wants and BAM, there it is. That’s what I’m going with right now.
- but then she has a total meltdown and almost kills to guards (rightfully almost kills two guards btw)
- and how this was inspired by an old fairy tale when in actuality the only thing they took from the story were the ice shards to the heart and eternal winter. I guess they have to give credit where credit is due?
- i’m sure i’m missing some small things that kind of bothered me but it was nothing serious.
I overall really enjoyed the movie and I would love to go see it again and again and again. c:
also if there is not a disney post yet where we see our disney males and their animal companions i will be very unhappy until it happens. I would take it upon myself but I’m a very lazy editor and it would look like crap. I will sell my soul to the person who makes this edit. *
*my soul is not actually up for sale.